1. The action
- Show us your Heat Story using a series of pictures (3-10 pictures) or a video (30 sec. - 5 min.) clearly showing your Steinel thermal tool and the #HeatWork and submit this story by January 21, 2022 with the completed form at www.steinel.de/en/heatatwork/.
- If your Heat Story meets all criteria and is published by Steinel, you will receive a 100€ voucher for Steinel products. All submitted pictures and videos may be published by Steinel and used for promotional purposes. Each video or image upload entitles you to participate in the promotion only once.
- By entering the competition you accept these terms and conditions.
- We would also be happy if you publish your Heat Story (as pictures or video) with #HeatWork on your social media channels.
- We want to use your personal Heat Story for marketing purposes and for publication also in connection with Steinel products, among other things, on the Internet and on social media channels (but are not obligated to do so).
2. Participation requirements in detail
- Submit your Heat Story online at www.steinel.de/en/heatatwork/ by January 21, 2022 by filling out the registration form available there and providing your personal information (title, last name, first name, email address, country). Agree to the validity of these conditions of participation and the data protection regulations. Upload your Heat Story as a picture series or video. A later registration will not be considered.
- Eligible entries must be a series of images or videos that meet the following criteria- Visibility of the #HeatWork in the image or video
- Appearance of a Steinel thermal tool, such as a hot glue gun or a hot air gun
- Length of the video: max. 2 minutes or picture series: min. 3 pictures to max. 10 pictures
- Format(s): all popular video formats, such as JPG, PNG, TIF, HEIC, MP4, MOV, MPG, AVI, WEBM, OGV.
- Maximum file size: 50 MB
- All rights of the image or video material (including image, persons shown and sound) are yours (please keep in mind if you want to insert foreign content such as music).
- You shot the video between December 13, 2021 and January 21, 2022.
- The video content shows not only a situation, but your work / project with a Steinel thermal tool. Of course, we will not accept videos with political, religious, racist, sexual, discriminatory or otherwise derogatory content for participation. Steinel is entitled to exclude videos from participation at its own discretion.
- Other brands may not be prominently displayed.
- To participate, you must be legally competent and of legal age.
- In the event of multiple registrations to participate in the sweepstakes, only a one-time claim to the prize will be made under the conditions listed in 3.
- Steinel reserves the right to check your eligibility. In particular, Steinel may ask you to confirm your age and identity by presenting a valid identity card. Steinel may exclude you from participation without giving reasons.
- Registrations containing false, misleading or fraudulent information as well as incomplete supporting documents will be excluded from participation and will not be processed.
- The participant shall be responsible for all costs incurred in connection with participation in the competition (in particular the costs for his/her own Internet access, suitable software programs). The participant shall also bear all costs that are not expressly assumed by Steinel in the conditions of participation.
- If you fulfill all participation requirements and Steinel publishes your Heat Story, you will receive a 100€ voucher for Steinel products within 6 weeks after registration by e-mail via the e-mail address you provided in the registration.
4. Transfer of rights
- By registering, you agree that the intangible rights to your image series or your video (hereinafter referred to as Heat Story) are, as far as this is legally permissible, exclusively owned by Steinel for an unlimited period of time. This shall also apply if your Heat Story is not published and you do not receive a voucher. The subject of the transfer of rights and the granting of rights of use are the images or videos uploaded by you upon registration.
- Rights to your Heat Story are all rights to which you are entitled to the image or video (contractual rights). The contractual rights include in particular personal rights in the broadest sense (right to a name, right to one's own image, voice and other personal characteristics), copyrights and ancillary copyrights that exist in the image or video or other legal positions of yours that could be held against the intended use of your Heat Story (or parts thereof) by Steinel for marketing and/or PR purposes.
- You transfer the contractual rights to Steinel to the extent provided for in this clause (3). Insofar as contractual rights are concerned which cannot be transferred, you shall grant your consent to the use of the work results as provided for in these conditions of participation by registering to participate. Steinel accepts the transfer of the contractual rights or the consent to use. For reasons of linguistic simplification, the following refers solely to a "transfer" of the contractual rights. However, the provisions shall apply accordingly to a consent to use. Unless otherwise stipulated in these Terms and Conditions of Participation, the transfer of the contractual rights shall be for the purpose of enabling Steinel to make unrestricted use of the work results for commercial purposes, in particular in advertising (TV, online including social media, print, general marketing and public relations measures, advertisements and poster advertising, etc.) and other external presentation (e.g. at trade fairs, at the point of sale). For this purpose, you transfer the contractual rights to Steinel as follows:- without limitation of time or place, with the right to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, publicly perform, broadcast or otherwise use your images or video;
- without limitation of time or place, with the right to create excerpts from your images or video or new compositions of your video and to use them for promotional purposes (including promotional activities of any kind) within the scope of the rights of use conferred in these terms and conditions of participation;
- for use for all types of use known at the time of conclusion of this agreement. The known types of use include in particular the use in any form of advertising for the Steinel company and its products or services, regardless of the medium (TV including pay-TV and pay-per-view, cinema, radio, print media, press, posters, catalogs, brochures, leaflets, etc., Internet, mobile telephony, fixed network, OoH media, etc.) through which the use takes place;
- in connection with digital media (multimedia) of Steinel, which includes in particular the right to use the work results for the design of Steinel's internet presence and in the area of e-commerce and online services of Steinel as well as in social media used by Steinel;
- with the right to archive your video (or excerpts, modified versions, etc.) or your images in any form (also within an electronic database together with other works) and in particular to digitize them and to store them on all known and yet to be known storage media or data carriers together with other works or parts of works, to reproduce these data carriers in any form and to distribute them.
- waiving, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any claim by Steinel or any other company to be named as the author of the work, unless such naming is required by mandatory statutory provisions.
- Steinel shall be entitled to use the contractual rights for itself or to transfer them in whole or in part to companies affiliated with Steinel (within the meaning of § 15 AktG). Furthermore, Steinel shall be entitled to use the contractual rights in connection with advertising measures with cooperation, sponsoring and other advertising partners.
- With your participation, you assure Steinel that the contractual rights transferred, to be transferred or transferred for use in accordance with these Conditions of Participation are free of third party rights and that you have not concluded any agreements with third parties that could conflict with the use of the contractual rights agreed here by Steinel for whatever reason.
- By participating, you agree that Steinel may mention your name free of charge in connection with the publication of your Heat Story (without being obliged to do so). This right includes publication in any form of advertising for the Steinel company and its products or services, as well as in connection with the publication of your Heat Story, regardless of the medium (TV including pay-TV and pay-per-view, cinema, radio, print media, press, posters, catalogs, brochures, leaflets, etc., Internet, mobile phone, landline, OoH media, etc.).
- You transfer these contractual rights to us without any claim to compensation in return for the transfer or granting in accordance with the preceding clauses.
5. Data protection
We are responsible for the collection, processing and use of participants' personal data, insofar as we process this ourselves. We will use the participant's personal information and other personal data only within the framework of the statutory provisions of data protection law. We will only store, process and use the information to the extent that this is necessary for the implementation of the competition or if the participant has given his/her consent. This also includes use for exercising the rights of use granted. The data will only be used to carry out the competition and will be deleted afterwards.
- There is no right to participate in the competition.
- Steinel is not responsible for technical or other malfunctions, e.g. due to the failure of the network, the website, the computer, etc., which make it impossible to participate in the competition.
- Steinel shall not assume any liability if, for reasons for which Steinel is not responsible, notifications to the participants are lost in the mail and/or do not reach the participant and insofar as Steinel or its vicarious agents are not charged with intent or grossly negligent breach of duty in this respect.
- Steinel shall be liable for damages - irrespective of the legal grounds - in the event of intent and gross negligence. In the event of simple negligence, Steinel shall only be liable for damages arising from injury to life, limb or health or for damages arising from the breach of an essential contractual obligation (i.e. such obligations whose fulfillment is a prerequisite for the proper execution of the sweepstakes and on whose fulfillment the participant may regularly rely); in this case, however, liability shall be limited to compensation for the foreseeable, typically occurring damage.
As a participant in the competition, you ensure that the information you provide about yourself is true. During the term of the promotion, you are obliged to notify us of any subsequent changes to your data.
8. Change of the competition
- Steinel reserves the right to cancel, terminate or continue the competition under changed conditions at any time without giving reasons. Steinel will inform you and other participants of this. In the event of termination, cancellation or continuation under changed conditions, any claims for compensation for expenses incurred and claims for damages shall be excluded.
In the event of a breach of these conditions of participation, Steinel expressly reserves the right to exclude persons from participating in the competition.
- Legal action is excluded.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
- Winners are responsible for locally applicable taxes and any other fees or charges, such as duties or fees affecting winnings.
- If individual provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Participation are or become invalid or incomplete, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. use on social media channels (but are not obliged to do so).